Mar 27, 2007, 7:18 AM EDT
The Flyers and recently acquired goalie Martin Biron say they have a deal in place, which could be signed sometime today. As Tim Panacchio reports, and we’ve said before, this is great news for a team lacking identity between the pipes for almost two decades. The contract is said to be set at 2 years for $6.8 million. I guess his wife liked Philly/South Jersey enough to approve the deal. Panacchio (quoted below) and James Mirtle also report that Marty has finally gotten his mask painted, after keeping a plain white mask in visible protest for a trade from Buffalo.
Biron has yet to wear his new facemask. It’s orange ‘n black, has the Liberty Bell on the crown, the Art Museum and Rocky statue on the left side and the Center City skyline on the right. The back also has a pair of animal claws with the names Oscar and Emmy under them.
"I want to keep that to myself," Biron said when asked who Oscar and Emmy were.
Mysterious. Biron has played very well since coming to the Flyers, and the team has built some momentum for next year despite the fact that they’ll finish dead last in the NHL and likely get the top pick in the entry draft. I’m glad to see there will be some stability in net for once.
Updated: Photos of Marty’s New Mask
Panacchio>>Flyers, Biron Close to Two-Year Deal
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money