Mar 27, 2007, 7:18 AM EST
The Flyers and recently acquired goalie Martin Biron say they have a deal in place, which could be signed sometime today. As Tim Panacchio reports, and we’ve said before, this is great news for a team lacking identity between the pipes for almost two decades. The contract is said to be set at 2 years for $6.8 million. I guess his wife liked Philly/South Jersey enough to approve the deal. Panacchio (quoted below) and James Mirtle also report that Marty has finally gotten his mask painted, after keeping a plain white mask in visible protest for a trade from Buffalo.
Biron has yet to wear his new facemask. It’s orange ‘n black, has the Liberty Bell on the crown, the Art Museum and Rocky statue on the left side and the Center City skyline on the right. The back also has a pair of animal claws with the names Oscar and Emmy under them.
"I want to keep that to myself," Biron said when asked who Oscar and Emmy were.
Mysterious. Biron has played very well since coming to the Flyers, and the team has built some momentum for next year despite the fact that they’ll finish dead last in the NHL and likely get the top pick in the entry draft. I’m glad to see there will be some stability in net for once.
Updated: Photos of Marty’s New Mask
Panacchio>>Flyers, Biron Close to Two-Year Deal
|Chip Smelly on Watch Roy Halladay’s ret…|
|Chamomiles Davis on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|willh888 on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|galasso2586 on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages