Sep 23, 2009, 1:35 PM EST
Game one of the Kevin Kolb era is in the books, and as promised, the all-knowing McNabb-O-Meter has shifted its forecast. Were 391 yards passing enough to bury Donovan's extension with the Eagles, or will 3 interceptions prove a hefty toll on 4's wallet? Click through to find out.
To be clear, the McNabb-O-Meter is not meant to reflect the author's bias. I believe I can comfortably speak for everyone at the Level and say we're all Donovan supporters, and he is the best quarterback for the Eagles. Having said that, if the front office determines it can win with this young Kolb fellow for half the price, all the evidence seems to indicate that's what they will do.
Kolb obviously didn't win on Sunday. For now though, they have to be happy he didn't just fall flat on his face. It looks like he'll get another start this week, so he has the chance to build on a solid first half (14/22, 196 yds, 1 TD). The more opportunities the kid has, the worse it is – or better? – for Donovan, who meanwhile misses games due to injury for the fourth time in five seasons. Plus, a broken rib is exactly the kind of thing that can linger and make a Pro Bowl quarterback look like an aging veteran.
It's a long season though, still plenty of time for this to swing the other way. As you can see, the change on the meter is very minor. This wasn't the type of performance that makes any sane person want to run their franchise QB out of town, but it gives the backup a foothold he previously did not have. Like we said when the McNabb-O-Meter was first introduced, the best way for Donovan to earn that extension was to play 16 games and keep Kolb glued to the bench.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages