Jan 22, 2006, 1:21 AM EST
Yep, John Street is the mayor of Philadelphia. Ryan Howard had a busy day yesterday. He played with kids, met with Mayor Street, and watched the Sixers. The worst part of the day was when Mayor Street referred to him as Ron. Ron Howard. Fuck. Street can’t even get the name right of our biggest star in decades.
Howard got a chance to shoot some hoops and made a layup, foul shot, and three pointer, but couldn’t connect on a half court shot.
Bob Ford points out that Philly’s most popular athlete was on the court at the Wachovia Center last night and it wasn’t Allen Iverson. I said the same thing back in September, "In the blink of an eye Ryan Howard has cemented himself as
Philadelphia’s best athlete. Move over A.I. and McNabb, you’re in
Ryan’s town now. "
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages