Apr 16, 2008, 9:48 AM EDT
Sad news from Shea Stadium. A Mets fan, Antonio Nararainsami, 36, lost his footing on an escalator and fell two stories to his death. Before any Mets fans jokes start flying, for a little perspective, let’s keep in mind the Guyanese Brooklyn native was with his two daughters at the time, while his pregnant wife was at home. It’s a terrible event no matter what colors he was wearing.
ESPN reports that the man’s cousin said the escalator wasn’t moving at the time, but there’s no word as to why. Terrible way to mark the last year at Shea.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return