Mar 29, 2008, 11:18 AM EDT
The Flyers ran into their two arch nemeses on Friday night, the Devils and the shootout. After a strong third period that saw the Flyers come back to tie the Devils, both team "earned" a point by heading to a fruitless overtime. Two Flyers managed to beat Marty Brodeur twice in penalty kicks, with Jeff Carter again going backhand and Danny Briere putting a slick move on to get Marty moving. But Mike Richards’ failed attempt on the first Flyers chance meant Martin Biron had to make at least one save, and on this night, he couldn’t, and the Flyers lost 5-4.
I’ve about had it with the shootout business. I’ve never been a fan, viewing it as settling one game by playing another, and now I’m just sour because the Flyers have been terrible at it. At least they get another matchup with the Islanders tonight. Those usually go well.
Richie did have the highlight of the night though, a behind the back, no-look pass to Mike Knuble for a goal.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return