Mar 27, 2006, 12:08 AM EST
I can cross Minneapolis of the list of places I’ve been, but I don’t think I will be going back any time soon. It didn’t really impress me at all.
The Metrodome was a horrible place to watch a basketball game. The seats we bought were absolutely horrible and they shouldn’t even be allowed to sell them. I’d rather watch the game at a bar. I’m serious. Luckily for us, my buddy had his face painted, so we snuck into the B.C. section and ended up having great seats for the entire game. Look at where our real seats were. That’s a couple hundred of feet behind the basket.
The game was a tough one. I said to my buddy in an email on Friday, "I think the key to the game for B.C. will be ball control. They tend to get sloppy. If they don’t get sloppy and keep themselves composed then they have a shot." Looking back on the game now I’d say careless turnovers and poor foul shooting cost them the game. I haven’t seen a replay of the walk they called on Williams at the end, but I was pretty livid at the time. It looked as if he was being dragged to the ground.
There is simply no excuse for allowing a wide open layup with 3.5 seconds left.
The scene in the Metrodome was weird. Villanova actually had a decent number of fans there, but their fans are horrible. There was a very typical bunch of Nova fans behind us who were constantly worried that Allan Ray or Randy Foye wouldn’t bring the ball over mid court in time. They’re trash talk was pathetic, yelling at the refs that "this is the Big East! not the ACC!" Painful.
There was indeed a Troy Bell spotting. He showed up a few minutes into the game, getting a decent ovation from the small B.C. crowd nearby, wearing a black tee shirt. A fan near him threw Troy a superfan shirt and he promptly put it on. Good guy that Troy Bell. Also of note, he was with a young female who looked like she could have been in a Jay Z video. At one point Troy moved to seats closer to the court and was seemingly harassed by security to jeers of "that’s Troy Bell you asshole!" Awesome.
Did I mention the Metrodome was horrible to watch a basketball game at? Other than the poor facilities, the fact we screwed up and were staying at the Villanova hotel, oh, and the last second heart break.. it was a pretty kick ass time.
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages