Aug 10, 2005, 9:28 AM EDT
When I attempted to watch some of the Phillies game on MLB.tv last night it didn’t work. There wasn’t even choppy video, there was no video at all. So I called up the customer support line to yell at the bastards and they were completely useless. After 10 or so minutes on hold, I gave up. $14.95 well spent.
The Phillies game was still played out on the Left Coast despite my unability to watch any of it. Uncle Charlie called his third team meeting of the year before the game to light a fire under his team. Maybe it worked? The Phillies got another solid performance out of Robbie Tejeda despite getting into a jam early. Pat Burrell came up with an unheard of clutch hit in this one. Then Ryan Howard followed up Burrell’s dinger with a blast of his own.
The Phillies are quietly 1.5 games out of the wildcard spot and Philly doesn’t really seem to care. As Swing and Miss sums up well, it’s a long summer. The Phillies could still make the playoffs; there is a lot of baseball left this summer.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money