Aug 10, 2005, 9:28 AM EDT
When I attempted to watch some of the Phillies game on MLB.tv last night it didn’t work. There wasn’t even choppy video, there was no video at all. So I called up the customer support line to yell at the bastards and they were completely useless. After 10 or so minutes on hold, I gave up. $14.95 well spent.
The Phillies game was still played out on the Left Coast despite my unability to watch any of it. Uncle Charlie called his third team meeting of the year before the game to light a fire under his team. Maybe it worked? The Phillies got another solid performance out of Robbie Tejeda despite getting into a jam early. Pat Burrell came up with an unheard of clutch hit in this one. Then Ryan Howard followed up Burrell’s dinger with a blast of his own.
The Phillies are quietly 1.5 games out of the wildcard spot and Philly doesn’t really seem to care. As Swing and Miss sums up well, it’s a long summer. The Phillies could still make the playoffs; there is a lot of baseball left this summer.
|mslavick on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Jim on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|philsoc8 on Yeah, the Union should’v…|
|oshihidra on Yeah, the Union should’v…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return