Jan 16, 2006, 12:16 AM EDT
The Sixers played a triple over time thriller on Friday night in which Kyle Korver came up huge when it counted:
Kyle Korver stunned almost everyone with perhaps the most thrilling 3-pointer of his career. Korver was mobbed by his wildly celebrating teammates. Boston players sat dazed on the bench. A third overtime was on deck. Allen Iverson simply pumped his fist, his face expressionless as if he expected it.
Speaking of Allen Iverson, last week USA Today did a piece on him titled The Evolution of Allen Iverson. I’ve been thinking about writing something up about A.I. lately. His stats and his play has been phenomenal as of late. If the Sixers had any kind of decent record he would be at the top of the list for MVP.
On one level he endeared himself to underdogs and kids alike as the toughest little daredevil in the NBA with his relentless attack on the basket. On another he estranged himself from mainstreamers as a defiant Generation Xer who defensively justified his rebellious bravado.
I’ve also wanted to find a reason to post this video of one of his commercials. For the record, it’s safe to say the700Level loves A.I. Philly takes him for granted.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money