May 1, 2006, 4:12 AM EDT
Perhaps the biggest Eagles news from Day 2 of the draft was the pick of Jeremy Bloom who was a former Olympic skier. That is a picture of Bloom on the slopes, lets hope he can be as exciting on special teams.
Rubin over at Blinq does a nice round up of random Bloom links including a story on how he snubbed Parisite Hilton. He also opted for the topless shot of Bloom as opposed to the kick-ass-mid-air-flying-over-a-helicopter shot.
The Eagles continued to remake their offensive and defensive lines yesterday by trading two veterans, guard Artis Hicks and defensive tackle Hollis Thomas. Hicks was sent to the Minnesota Vikings for a sixth-round choice and a swap of fourth-rounders. Thomas was dealt to the New Orleans Saints in an exchange of fourth-round draft positions that enabled the Eagles to select Georgia guard Max Jean- Gilles.
-Kobe, while hated by most of Philly, will be the heir to the Jordan line at Nike. And his clutch performance yesterday was solid. [YouTube] [Deadspin]
-Pretty funny video of Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents Dinner. [Crooks&Liars]
-I think the trend among recent episodes of the Sopranos is to go for more humor than blood and guts. A.J. using the scene from the Godfather where Michael guns down McCluskey as his defense for his weak ass attempt on Junior was hysterical. I wonder if the A.J. plot line will develop into anything meaningful.
-I’d highly recommend the banana french toast at Marathon.
|Marvin Monroe on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Z on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return