Feb 9, 2006, 11:29 PM EDT
GQ asked pro athletes who are the 10 most hated among them and who do you think came in at number one? You guessed it, Terrell Owens.
1. Terrell Owens
Owens after beating the New York Giants, November 2004.
Behavior detrimental to the team
Bonus points for:
Contract-negotiating high jinks, telling Eagles coach Andy Reid to
“shut up,” telling offensive coordinator Brad Childress not to speak to
him unless spoken to, falsely outing 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia,
suggesting Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was responsible for their
2005 Super Bowl loss, suggesting the Eagles would win more if Brett
Favre was their quarterback, employing Drew Rosenhaus as an agent,
fighting with ex-teammate and team ombudsman Hugh Douglas, asking if
anyone else in the locker room “wants a piece of me”… Oh, fuck it.
Oh T.O., we will always love your ego maniacal ways and will miss your end zone celebrations dearly. Also cracking the top 5 were some athletes with Philly connections, Kobe Bryant and Curt Schilling. I used to be a Schilling fan, but after turning on the Red Sox and listening to too much of Shil’s media whoring, I can agree with him making the list. Kobe is Fredo to me after claiming no Philly connections back in 2001.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return