Jun 16, 2010, 4:54 PM EST
Jamie Moyer will be handed the ball this evening to try and help the Phillies bounce back from an 8-3 drubbing last night at Yankee Stadium. When Jamie takes the mound, you never know what to expect. His previous two outings demonstrate that perfectly.
Moyer pitched a fantastic complete game eleven days ago against the Padres at Citizens Bank Park in which he held San Diego to seven hits and two earned runs en route to a Phils victory. This past Friday night in Boston, Moyer got absolutely annihilated by the Red Sox to the tune of nine earned runs on nine hits in a whopping one inning of work. It made the already uncomfortable seats at Fenway Park even a bit more irksome for the Phillies fans in attendance.
Will good or bad Moyer show up this evening?
The Phillies will counter Alex Rodriguez's return to the Yankees lineup as DH by adding the potent bats of Greg Dobbs (DH) and Wilson Valdez to the lineup with Brian Schneider doing the catching duties.
You may be asking yourself, "why in the world is Greg Dobbs the DH?" I'm not sure entirely, but Charlie Manuel loves his matchups, and Dobbs is a career 4-6 off of Yankees starter A.J. Burnett while Schneider is a career 9-24 of the wild Yankees right-hander.
The Phillies may finally be trying to jump start their wretched play by mixing things up. Ruben Amaro Jr. reportedly met with all of the coaching staff this afternoon and Chase Utley's locker looked a bit strange today.
From Todd Zolecki, we hear that Chase Utley may have been tempting the baseball gods prior to the game with some sort of voodoo, "There's an
arrangement of bats, a banana, an orange, an apple and a Red Bull can
next to Utley's locker."
J.C. Romero was not impressed, via Ryan Lawrence, "I believe in God, I don't believe in that
It was just two weeks ago that I suggested they sacrifice a whole chicken to change their losing ways. Perhaps that's next?
First pitch around 7:05 from New York.
screen grab via JaysonWerthsBeard
>>For an Elder Statesman, Change Is a Constant [NYTimes]
Video: Phils try some voodoo:
|Scott B on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Mark432 on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|Andy Schreiber on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages