Jun 16, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
Jamie Moyer will be handed the ball this evening to try and help the Phillies bounce back from an 8-3 drubbing last night at Yankee Stadium. When Jamie takes the mound, you never know what to expect. His previous two outings demonstrate that perfectly.
Moyer pitched a fantastic complete game eleven days ago against the Padres at Citizens Bank Park in which he held San Diego to seven hits and two earned runs en route to a Phils victory. This past Friday night in Boston, Moyer got absolutely annihilated by the Red Sox to the tune of nine earned runs on nine hits in a whopping one inning of work. It made the already uncomfortable seats at Fenway Park even a bit more irksome for the Phillies fans in attendance.
Will good or bad Moyer show up this evening?
The Phillies will counter Alex Rodriguez's return to the Yankees lineup as DH by adding the potent bats of Greg Dobbs (DH) and Wilson Valdez to the lineup with Brian Schneider doing the catching duties.
You may be asking yourself, "why in the world is Greg Dobbs the DH?" I'm not sure entirely, but Charlie Manuel loves his matchups, and Dobbs is a career 4-6 off of Yankees starter A.J. Burnett while Schneider is a career 9-24 of the wild Yankees right-hander.
The Phillies may finally be trying to jump start their wretched play by mixing things up. Ruben Amaro Jr. reportedly met with all of the coaching staff this afternoon and Chase Utley's locker looked a bit strange today.
From Todd Zolecki, we hear that Chase Utley may have been tempting the baseball gods prior to the game with some sort of voodoo, "There's an
arrangement of bats, a banana, an orange, an apple and a Red Bull can
next to Utley's locker."
J.C. Romero was not impressed, via Ryan Lawrence, "I believe in God, I don't believe in that
It was just two weeks ago that I suggested they sacrifice a whole chicken to change their losing ways. Perhaps that's next?
First pitch around 7:05 from New York.
screen grab via JaysonWerthsBeard
>>For an Elder Statesman, Change Is a Constant [NYTimes]
Video: Phils try some voodoo:
|Bob on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|shopping online on Eagles, Cedric Thornton agree…|
|shopping.google.nl on Hunter Pence Rides ‘Let…|
|Chutley on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money