Jan 16, 2009, 9:30 AM EST
Due to current economic conditions and a certain President Elect taking over the Philly to DC section of Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, I will not be able to enjoy the NFC Championship game in the familiar, Eagles fan and food filled setting of my parents basement. This leaves me with two remaining options.
The first is simple. Watch the Eagles take on the Cardinals from the friendly confines of my couch on a beautiful flat screen HD television. This option would likely include pizza and/or wings as well as a few tasty cold ones.
The second option is a bit more complicated. Do I attempt to watch the game at a bar surrounded by fellow displaced Birds fans? The only real options I'm considering are Rhino Bar in Georgetown or Ventor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan.
The benefits of the former are clear: a perfect, unobstructed view of the game, with zero chance of the unknown ruining my game viewing experience. This option would also increase the likelihood of substantive blogging here on The700Level.com shortly following the conclusion of the game.
The bar option would obviously surround me by some of the best fans in sports, cheering for the team we all love, in one of the biggest games for Philly fans since… oh, October. But hitting up one of these bars for an Eagles game would be new territory for me. The risk of shitty viewing angles as well as poor seating arrangements could be high. This option would likely result in too much booze and decrease the likelihood of substantive post game blogging but also increase the likelihood of drunken, from the heart ramblings at some point Sunday evening.
What would you do? Anyone planning on watching the game at a bar in DC? If not, what's your plan for Sunday?
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages