Sep 15, 2009, 6:41 PM EST
It was just a few short days ago when Cliff Lee faced Garrett Mock and the Nationals in an attempt to make a "Mock'ry" of Washington's baseball team. Lee was far from dominant in that September 9th outing, allowing four earned runs over seven innings but he did earn the win. Mock fared a little worse but pitched okay, giving up four earned in five frames and getting no decision. Once again Mock and the Nats will attempt to play the role of spoiler as they kick off a three game set in South Philadelphia this evening.
The Phillies received some help yesterday in the form of a Marlins loss to the Cardinals, putting the Fish seven games back from the Phils in the East. So what do we want from the Phillies going forward? Consistent play, hopefully getting hot heading into the post season while getting their ducks in a row towards the back of the bullpen. With an off day on Monday, the Phils relievers should be rested, potentially giving us a look at what Charlie's thought process is going forward should things be tight late in the game.
Cholly's going with the classic line up this evening with Ruiz getting the start for only the second time with Lee on the mound. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 from the Bank.
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages