Sep 26, 2008, 5:16 PM EST
As if the final weekend of the baseball’s regular season wasn’t crazy enough, Mother Nature decides to throw us a curve ball. The forecast is calling for pretty much the entire east coast to be wet. Baseball games need to be played so hat means the teams will try to have to play through the rain so bring your ponchos down to the ball park.
There’s been some negativity floating around the Phillies this past week. Sure, they’ve stumbled a bit approaching the finish line while the two chasing them are picking up some speed. But we’re still in first, we still control our own fate. They need to give that last kick and cross first.
Joe Blanton’s acquisition has been unremarkable. A win tonight and his mid-season addition will be totally validated. It’s amazing what a win on the final weekend can do for a guy’s confidence as well as fans feelings about them.
If they don’t get the job done, they don’t deserve a spot in the post season.
With three left, they face the familiar Nationals. The team they faced when Brett Myers threw his glove high into the South Philly sky last year after clinching on the final day of the season. I’m looking forward to seeing just how high Brad Lidge’s glove will reach.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages