Sep 26, 2008, 5:16 PM EDT
As if the final weekend of the baseball’s regular season wasn’t crazy enough, Mother Nature decides to throw us a curve ball. The forecast is calling for pretty much the entire east coast to be wet. Baseball games need to be played so hat means the teams will try to have to play through the rain so bring your ponchos down to the ball park.
There’s been some negativity floating around the Phillies this past week. Sure, they’ve stumbled a bit approaching the finish line while the two chasing them are picking up some speed. But we’re still in first, we still control our own fate. They need to give that last kick and cross first.
Joe Blanton’s acquisition has been unremarkable. A win tonight and his mid-season addition will be totally validated. It’s amazing what a win on the final weekend can do for a guy’s confidence as well as fans feelings about them.
If they don’t get the job done, they don’t deserve a spot in the post season.
With three left, they face the familiar Nationals. The team they faced when Brett Myers threw his glove high into the South Philly sky last year after clinching on the final day of the season. I’m looking forward to seeing just how high Brad Lidge’s glove will reach.
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return