Mar 11, 2005, 9:06 AM EDT
The NFL Networks reported last night that the Eagles faxed a contract offer to Plaxico Burress. Not much to report besides that. Plaxico is in Minnesota today for a free agent visit.
In more exciting news, the Eagles are close to a deal with Vince McMahon of the WWE.
The Eagles would not confirm an NFL Network report last night that had them faxing Burress a contract offer, and Burress’ agent, Michael Harrison, could not be reached for comment. But a source close to the situation said the Eagles and Harrison have talked more than once since Harrison contacted the team several days ago. The source said the Eagles are interested in a 1-year deal with Burress, at the right price; Harrison has said he would consider a 1-year deal with the right team, which might build a better platform for free agency than the 35 catches for 698 yards Burress managed this past season for the run-oriented Steelers.
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money