Mar 10, 2011, 3:43 PM EST
The NHL's decision not to suspend Zdeno Chara has certainly spurred conversation on the topic with a wide range of opinions. Even within the Flyers own locker room opinions vary. From the Globe and Mail:
“I could be wrong, but I don’t see anything in the past [from Chara] that’s proven that he intentionally tried to guide him [into the partition] like that,” Flyers defenceman Sean O’Donnell said. “It’s an unfortunate hockey injury. That’s the way I look at it.
“I’ve had some debates with guys in the room. They thought it shouldn’t matter what happened, if you get a guy that’s hurt like that, you should get suspended. I disagree.”
And then there's this from Dan Carcillo, via Sam Carchidi:
Carcillo says if he had thrown same hit as Chara, he wld have been suspended for rest of the season. Chara was not suspended.
And this from Lavy:
Laviolette said the issue had created such a talking point in his dressing room that he was uneasy with taking a strong stand one way or another.
Which leads me to believe that I believe nothing.
>>Chara's non-suspension sparks debate among players [Globe and Mail]
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages