Mar 30, 2009, 9:51 AM EST
We're always up for some goalie mask pr0n here at the Level, so we were happy to see Flyers backup backstop Antero Niittymaki rocking a new mask last night. It's a variation on the same theme his old mask carried, highlighting the nickname former coach Ken Hitchcock gave him. Nitty is an easy variation on his last name, of course, but it's also the name of a Sicilian-born mobster, Frank Nitti, whom Antero has painted on his old and new masks. His old one had Nitti holding machine gun, with bullet casings coming down the side and bulletholes around the chin area.
The latest iteration changes the background color from black to white, with a black-clad gangster, still holding the tommy gun. The "NITTY" lettering is more pronounced too.
Which Nitty/Nitti mask do you like better?
Back of the mask, after the jump.
Another change is that the back straps no longer cover the painted area of the back piece, leaving some room for art. Nitty's chosen to go with the crowned lion from the coat of arms of his native Finland.
|Adam B on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages