Jan 7, 2008, 1:21 PM EDT
for the punch he threw at Toronto’s Jason Blake on Saturday, and rightfully so. Was it a bad choice by the talented hothead? Sure. But it was a roughing penalty, which the refs assessed on the spot, and it cost the Flyers a power-play goal. No need to punish beyond that for something that happens as often as a late punch.
Downie’s now on single-public probation I’m sure though, having now spoken to the league’s disciplinarian directly. We’d like to see him clean up the late stuff and keep the rough play between the whistles. He could be a catalyst for a team that needs one at times.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money