Jan 7, 2008, 1:21 PM EST
for the punch he threw at Toronto’s Jason Blake on Saturday, and rightfully so. Was it a bad choice by the talented hothead? Sure. But it was a roughing penalty, which the refs assessed on the spot, and it cost the Flyers a power-play goal. No need to punish beyond that for something that happens as often as a late punch.
Downie’s now on single-public probation I’m sure though, having now spoken to the league’s disciplinarian directly. We’d like to see him clean up the late stuff and keep the rough play between the whistles. He could be a catalyst for a team that needs one at times.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages