Apr 22, 2005, 9:43 AM EST
Jon Runyan has agreed to play for a little less money, something which could actually help both sides of the deal. He gets a little more money guaranteed and it all works out to a little less of a cap hit for the Eagles. It is nice to see a guy who has millions already not get too greedy.
Also for your viewing pleasure is a link to a video of the Finals of the 2005 Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleader auditions. Just wait for the annoying guy at the start to go away.
Eagles iron man Jon Runyan, the ultimate team guy, quietly has agreed to a restructured contract with a modest reduction in pay.
At the end of this year, the last on a six-year pact, Runyan will have pocketed $4.9 million instead of the $5.5 million in base pay due from the original $30.5 million deal, according to reliable sources. The initial contract, struck in 2000, included $9.5 million in signing and roster bonuses.
The new deal includes a base of $2.7 million, a guarantee of $2 million and another $200,000 in play incentives, meaning the veteran right offensive tackle must add to his remarkable streak of 128 straight regular season starts, fifth-longest among active players.
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages