Jan 30, 2008, 2:53 AM EDT
The Inquirer’s David Aldridge brings us perhaps the most WTF story we’ve read in quite some time. It’s the tale of New York Giants linemen Gary Ruegamer who "castrated lambs – with his, um, teeth."
Aldridge explains further:
Ruegamer, speaking with the East Valley (Arizona) Tribune, said he was
"hesitant" to geld the animals, and only did so at the request of a
friend, who owned a ranch in Nevada, where he grew up. The castration
technique is a Basque tradition, and the rancher was a Basque.
"But it is what it is," Ruegamer was quoted as saying. "She [the
rancher] needed help. There was beer. Good times. It was worth it. . .
. You pull them out with your teeth, spit them in a bucket, next one.
There was other work that had to get done, so we had to hurry with that
and move on to the next thing. It’s just a little lamb. It’s not a big
animal. I have pictures. The blood on your mustache is the worst part."
What’s for lunch!
>>Scrutiny depends on level of fame [Inquirer]
Funny Farm may be one of my favorite under the radar movies of all time.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money