Apr 9, 2008, 10:23 AM EST
Yesterday’s win over the Mets was quite an enjoyable way to kick of the final season at Shea Stadium. Not only did the Phillies come away with their 9th straight win over New York but the entire stadium got Rick Rolled. Amazing.
Philadelphia’s Michael Nutter was in attendance at the game with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Nutter tried to talk some baseball which didn’t exactly go real smoothly. But what I want to know is, did Nutter really drink a "glass of water" while NYC’s mayor enjoyed a cold adult beverage? What gives Nutter? No love for the glorious hot dog and beer combo?
Our only explanation is that Nutter wanted to go back to work later in the day to continue his quest to make Philadelphia a safer, more enjoyable place to live. Bloomberg probably needed a few more beers to drink his Mets sorrows away.
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages