Jul 27, 2008, 12:50 PM EST
Up here in wicked lawbsta land, all the sports talk is focusing on Manny Ramirez’s falling out with Boston management and fans. Inevitably, this has caused rampant speculation that Manny’s days in Beantown are numbered, whether it be via a trade this week or a non-tendering in the off-season.
The New York Post lists the Phillies as the most likely potential landing place for Manny, citing his strong ties to Charlie Manuel, who was his hitting coach and later his manager with the Indians. With Manny increasingly unhappy with Boston’s front office and the Phils needing another bat, the concept isn’t that off the wall. But it isn’t very likely either.
The Post’s story relies on "sources" and "beliefs", such as that Manny,
a 10 and 5 player, would not accept a trade to anywhere but Philly. This particular
player is rarely at a loss for words, so if that’s true, we’d like to
hear it from his mouth.
Although it’s the Sox who appear to be looking to end the relationship,
rather than a score of teams inquiring about Manny, his price will
still be high, and he’s almost certain to want to test the market next
So, just to have some fun with a story that is purely speculation at this point, with no sources quoted on either team… would you want Manny in South Philly, and if so, what would you give in
return? He’s been involved in fracases with both Kevin Youkilis and the Sox traveling secretary this season, and he’s been all but accused of taking strikes to get back at the front office, but he’s hitting .298 with 19 homers and 63 RBI.
Just throwing this potential lineup out there…
Vic (if he survives the trade)
Would adding Manny solve existing problems, or just create new ones?
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages