Feb 13, 2010, 11:59 PM EST
welcome back, ey
True love does exist?
According to T.R. Sullivan, a writer for MLB.com covering the Texas Rangers, the Rangers have been told Cliff Lee has decided to come back to Philadelphia to play for Charlie Manuel and the Phillies.
We're not sure what's harder to believe—that Ruben Amaro Jr somehow got the Phillies back into the mix for Cliff Lee and ultimately won the bidding over the Yankees and Rangers, or that the Phillies 2011 (and beyond) rotation will be some combination of Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels.
Via Todd Zolecki's Twitter. Much more as we here it.
UPDATE1: Sports Illustrated's Jon Heyman tweets that "#phillies get Lee"
UPDATE2: Jayson Stark tweets, "What's the record for most $ left on the table by any free agent? If what I'm hearing is true, Cliff Lee took about $50M less than NYY offer"
UPDATE3: It's ON THE PHILLIES WEBSITE
>>Phillies swoop in and sign Lee [MLB.com]
|ericsaxon35 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Brian Grasso on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Trisha T on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages