Jan 1, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
We're obviously rooting for the rough and rapid demise of the Bruins today on the ice at Fenway Park, and getting to their goalie(s) will be a huge part of that. But we must give some respect to B's netminder Tuukka Rask for the mask he'll sport today.
Paying homage to those Boston fans who love both the Bruins and the Red Sox, Rask will be wearing a design conceived by Luke Dobie and a Beverly, Mass, police officer named Mike Boccuzzi, who, like us, has often imagined the bloody demise of the Yankees. The top of the mask has the the open mouth of a bear (that's what a Bruin is!), with a bloodied and torn Yankees pinstriped jersey coming out of his mouth. The Bear is tearing through a green stadium facade with a "Fenway Park" sign, and the chin panel features Rask's name in a Bruins-yellow Red Sox-style font. Only change I'd have suggested would be to have used a Yankees away jersey, given the Fenway theme, but I guess the tattered pinstripes are a nice touch no matter what.
For more on the mask, including additional pictures, click here.
h/t: Puck Daddy, who has some great coverage of the Classic going on. Wysh says the teams have indicated there won't likely be any fights today. Boooo.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages