Jan 1, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
We're obviously rooting for the rough and rapid demise of the Bruins today on the ice at Fenway Park, and getting to their goalie(s) will be a huge part of that. But we must give some respect to B's netminder Tuukka Rask for the mask he'll sport today.
Paying homage to those Boston fans who love both the Bruins and the Red Sox, Rask will be wearing a design conceived by Luke Dobie and a Beverly, Mass, police officer named Mike Boccuzzi, who, like us, has often imagined the bloody demise of the Yankees. The top of the mask has the the open mouth of a bear (that's what a Bruin is!), with a bloodied and torn Yankees pinstriped jersey coming out of his mouth. The Bear is tearing through a green stadium facade with a "Fenway Park" sign, and the chin panel features Rask's name in a Bruins-yellow Red Sox-style font. Only change I'd have suggested would be to have used a Yankees away jersey, given the Fenway theme, but I guess the tattered pinstripes are a nice touch no matter what.
For more on the mask, including additional pictures, click here.
h/t: Puck Daddy, who has some great coverage of the Classic going on. Wysh says the teams have indicated there won't likely be any fights today. Boooo.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return