Sep 27, 2008, 4:08 AM EST
The towels were out in full effect last night as were the Phillies bats. Ryan Howard continued his absolutely beastly September by belting one deep into the Phillies bullpen in the first inning to give the Phils the three run lead and get the park jumping. The Nats tried to battle back a bit but Joe Blanton kept them in check as did the rest of the pen.
Despite having a modestly cush four run lead in the 9th, Charlie wasn’t about to get complacent. Brad Lidge seemingly struck out xyz, but after arguing that he tipped the ball, the ump called it a foul. Cholly was not happy about this and proceeded to get in the umps face and rile the crowd up in the process.
I love that out of Charlie. Even in a comfortable position to win the game, he’s still showing the fire. It may be rubbing off on the team as well.
Brad Lidge appreciated the fiery support, "He got after it a little bit. I was trying to read his lips a little
bit. It was exciting. But Charlie, man, he’ll fight for you out there.
It’s great. We really appreciate it as players."
Another anecdotal highlight from the game was when the cameras zoomed in to Pat Burrell after Ryan Howard went yard in the first. Burrell had a smile as wide as can be.
Keep winning and everybody will be happy.
Random thought: Here are some ESPN video highlights. I think I’d pay to be able to watch the Phillies highlights complete with Scott Franzke and Harry Kalas calls. That’d be so worth it. MLB, you listening?
image via flickr user pauly022
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages