Sep 26, 2005, 12:15 AM EST
I had to share this with those who haven’t seen it, Onion Sports:
PHILADELPHIA—Eagles wideout Terrell Owens, who recently returned to his
team after a training-camp holdout on the second year of his
seven-year, $49 million contract, took time Monday to verbally blast
the amount, duration, and bonuses of whatever contract he signs next.
"It’s going to be a damn travesty," said the 31-year-old All-Pro,
speaking to reporters months or even years before the hypothetical
contract is drawn up. "A travesty. I’m one of the best receivers in
this league—hell, after the incredible, record-breaking season I’m sure
I’ll have had when I sign this next contract, I might be the best ever.
But I wouldn’t go so far as to call this next contract the best ever.
It’s going to be an insult on the part of whichever team I eventually
sign with, and they’ll know it. I demand they give me what I really
"I know I’m a top player in this game," Owens added. "But my next contract simply won’t reflect that."
Read the rest of Terrell Owens Pre-Emptively Disparages Next Contract at the Onion.
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages