Mar 3, 2005, 2:15 AM EST
This story does not appear in The Onion, but rather over at ESPN.com. Those friggin’ sports parents and their ordered hits. They need to watch some more mob movies to learn how to get a job done right.
In all seriousness, this is completely nuts:
UNIONTOWN, Pa. — A T-ball coach charged with offering a player $25
to bean a disabled teammate has refused a plea agreement and will
instead stand trial in May.
Mark Downs Jr., 27, still maintains he did nothing wrong before the June 27 playoff game.
But prosecutors say Downs did not want 9-year-old Harry Bowers
Jr. to play in the game because the boy isn’t as talented as other
players and is mildly mentally retarded and autistic.
Another player, Keith Reese, testified at a preliminary hearing that he
threw balls that hit Bowers in the groin and the ear before the game
after Downs offered him $25 to make sure Bowers wouldn’t be able to
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages