Feb 7, 2006, 6:11 PM EST
I used to love Rick Tocchet, basically just cause his name was Rick Tocchet. Supposedly the whole ring has ties to Joey "Skinny Joey" Merlino, who was seen years ago sitting in Eric Lindross’ seats. Throw in Wayne Gretsky’s wife for good measure and you have yourself one hell of a gambling scandal. ESPN:
New Jersey State Police Superintendent Colonel Rick Fuentes said an
investigation dubbed "Operation Slap Shot" into the New Jersey-based
ring discovered the processing of more than 1,000 wagers, exceeding
$1.7 million, on professional and college sports, mostly football and
basketball. He declined to identify the NHL players who made wagers but
said none bet on hockey.
Those Wiki links were added by me. Click to read a little about the history about the mafia in Philadelphia.
They blew up my chicken nuggets last night at McDonald’s in Atlantic City, then I won three stacks of high society on the Sixers not covering against Houston.
What can we all learn from this? The NHL deputy commisioner is Bill Daly, I bet nobody knew that one.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages