Apr 12, 2008, 12:23 PM EDT
With the Sixers falling to the Pacers and the Flyers giving one away to the Caps, it was up to the Phillies to prevent an entirely pathetic night of Philly sports. Thanks to Pat Burrell’s beastly evening (2-4 with 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored) the Phils got back on track after two straight losses to the Mets.
It’s been quite the start for The Bat in 2008. It wasn’t too long ago that fans in this town were begging for him to be traded. I guess putting up big numbers will make even the most vicious Philly fans cheer for you.
If you recall before the start of 2007, I proposed laying off Pat when his numbers were down and he couldn’t find his groove at the plate. Maybe Pat just needs to be loved to beat the crap out of the ball.
>>photo by stksave27 from The700Level.com’s flickr pool. Be sure to add your game photos as well.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money