Apr 12, 2008, 12:23 PM EST
With the Sixers falling to the Pacers and the Flyers giving one away to the Caps, it was up to the Phillies to prevent an entirely pathetic night of Philly sports. Thanks to Pat Burrell’s beastly evening (2-4 with 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored) the Phils got back on track after two straight losses to the Mets.
It’s been quite the start for The Bat in 2008. It wasn’t too long ago that fans in this town were begging for him to be traded. I guess putting up big numbers will make even the most vicious Philly fans cheer for you.
If you recall before the start of 2007, I proposed laying off Pat when his numbers were down and he couldn’t find his groove at the plate. Maybe Pat just needs to be loved to beat the crap out of the ball.
>>photo by stksave27 from The700Level.com’s flickr pool. Be sure to add your game photos as well.
|cicilyqyo412 on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|cicilyqyo412 on Things that happened during la…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages