Jan 1, 2005, 9:10 PM EDT
I don’t like the fact that the Phillies are going with a 68 year old to come in and temporarily hold the GM position until they will likely hand over the reigns to Ruben Amaro Jr. in a few years. As Balls, Sticks, & Stuff noted Monty isn’t interested in Rocking the boat. I think the Phillies needed to do some rocking. I realized the odds of Monty and company bringing in a young gun like Theo Epstein was minimal. It sure would have been exciting though.
I’ll give Gillick a chance, but I’m not very excited about it. The Phillies problems may not lie with the GM, it may lie in Monty.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return