Jul 9, 2008, 10:14 AM EST
The big stat being thrown around right now is that since sweeping the Braves in early June, the Phillies have gone a putrid 9-17. Three of those wins came in another sweep of our only bitch nowadays, the Bravos. Their woes are many, but the most glaring of late is their inability to score. Last night, should-be All-Star Cole Hamels put in another strong outing, going seven innings and allowing only two ER on three hits, two of which were solo blasts.
The Phillies gave exactly zero run support, and we can’t point to the outstanding pitching they’re facing anymore. This was Joel Pineiro. Nothing against Joel, but this Phillies lineup should be able to hang at least four on him. And to cap it off, they got closed out by Ryan Franklin.
But help is on the way…
Via Chamomiles over at The Fightins’,
we learned yesterday that Alyssa Milano will be down at the park
tomorrow—something about selling clothes that she looks totally hot in,
we’re not sure. Go ahead and soak in that picture up there for a bit
though. Ms. Milano, who has long been quite the avid baseball fan, was
also a guest of Mikey Miss yesterday. Check it out here.
So despite the Mets ascent up the mediocre NL East’s standings, Carlos
Ruiz’s penchant for the ol’ GIDP, and the fact that the most definitive
power hitter we’ve ever seen tried to BUNT on last night (second time this season!), we still have
something to look forward to come Thursday.
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages