Sep 3, 2007, 10:39 PM EDT
By now, we’ve all read about how the Eagles accidentally tipped their hand regarding roster moves. Phil Sheridan of the Inquirer took extra special delight in the botched hold by Dave Spadaro. Phil thinks the fact that teams and leagues have their own "reporters" is a "bothersome trend."
It should go without saying that all the news reported by these
in-house media is filtered, controlled and carefully monitored by the
teams and the leagues. It is all propaganda, deliberately crafted by
trained journalists to resemble independent news coverage.
So it’s always good for a laugh when philadelphiaeagles.com "reports" a
roster move, or Reporter X from NFL Network "breaks a story" about a
trade or a coach being fired.
The reality is, the Eagles or Phillies or other teams are announcing
the move. They dress it up as an exclusive "report" to pump up Web
traffic and to bypass the pesky legitimate media, which sometimes have
the temerity to criticize the roster moves or write negative things the
team would never permit on its own Web site.
I don’t know about you, but I always thought Dave Spadaro was completely and totally objective.
>>Birds burned by early cut list [Inquirer]
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return