Sep 3, 2007, 10:39 PM EST
By now, we’ve all read about how the Eagles accidentally tipped their hand regarding roster moves. Phil Sheridan of the Inquirer took extra special delight in the botched hold by Dave Spadaro. Phil thinks the fact that teams and leagues have their own "reporters" is a "bothersome trend."
It should go without saying that all the news reported by these
in-house media is filtered, controlled and carefully monitored by the
teams and the leagues. It is all propaganda, deliberately crafted by
trained journalists to resemble independent news coverage.
So it’s always good for a laugh when philadelphiaeagles.com "reports" a
roster move, or Reporter X from NFL Network "breaks a story" about a
trade or a coach being fired.
The reality is, the Eagles or Phillies or other teams are announcing
the move. They dress it up as an exclusive "report" to pump up Web
traffic and to bypass the pesky legitimate media, which sometimes have
the temerity to criticize the roster moves or write negative things the
team would never permit on its own Web site.
I don’t know about you, but I always thought Dave Spadaro was completely and totally objective.
>>Birds burned by early cut list [Inquirer]
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
|BenE. on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Matt S. on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages