Sep 22, 2007, 7:12 PM EST
Somebody once told me there really is no such thing as a Nationals fan. After attending Friday night’s Phillies game at RFK stadium, I’d have to disagree. There are about four of them. I found it quite sad that in the final weekend of their ball park, nobody in DC seems to care about the Nationals.
The outfield was full of rowdy Phillies fans who made the quick trip down to our nation’s capital to watch the Phils bats finally come alive. Philadelphia lived up to it’s reputation as being well traveled, loud, drunk, and obnoxious. A group of about 50+ Phillies fans all sat in centerfield and formed what was the loudest cheering section of the entire ball park.
I caught a quick video of part of this crew on their way out of the stadium. They just so happened to cross paths with a Mets fan. Enjoy their chanting after the jump.
Also, Saturday night’s game just got under way. Chase Utley put the Phils up fast with a homer and a 1-0 lead. The Mets have notched a win, so the Phils will need to keep pace. Discuss it all here.
Even after beating the Nationals, Phillies fans voice their distaste for those New York Mets. This video is NSFW, of course.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return