Jan 15, 2008, 3:05 AM EDT
It makes sense. I know I spent way too much money on Phillies tickets, gear, drinks, and general expenses for the best time ever. The Sixers may be feeling the results of that.
"Definitely, there was so much attention and so much money spent on the
Phillies," Jeremi Conaway, of Wanamaker’s Tickets in Center City, said
yesterday. "People weren’t thinking about basketball at all. There’s
only so much money to go around, and a majority of that definitely was
going to the Phillies. At the same time, the Sixers’ attendance would
be much better if they were playing better basketball."
FWIW, we may put together a field trip to the Wach on a Saturday night in December to support the troops. And to drink beer.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return