Jun 22, 2005, 10:54 AM EST
There were two good things at last nights Phillies v. Mets game and one of them was the free Jimmy Rollins figurine I got. The game was by far the most crowded I have seen CBP this season. They reported it as a sell out and the biggest walk up crowd in ball park history. This was good and bad. Part of the reason was the great showing of Mets fans. They are loud and obnoxious much like Philly fans. I actually saw a number of Phillies fans (I’m presuming, they were wearing Eagles gear and doing.. Eagles chants) get kicked out of the section I was sitting in for.. get this.. "using foul language"? That was a bit surprising to me.
What else was horrible? The traffic. Along with 43,500 people come a lot of cars. The traffic was so bad it almost wish I had stayed home to watch the game. The combo of roadwork on 95 and 476 was brutal.
And yes, the Phillies played the Mets and lost 8-5. Brett Myers never got into his groove. I think the balk which he was called for early on really got him flustered. Even after being down early, the Phils got back in it and were only down one when Uggie came in to give up 2 more. 3 runs down is a whole lot harder to dig out of than 1 run down. The Phils never mounted a final run at the Mets and lost the series opener.
What was the other good thing that came out of the night? Aaron Fultz doing a Superman dive head first into home plate. That guy moved up about 6 notches on the like-ability scale. Cheers to Fultz.
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages