Apr 3, 2008, 9:54 AM EST
After a rocky top of the first, Cole Hamels settled in and limited the Nationals to just one run over 8 innings on Wednesday night. But despite their vaunted offense and the bandbox dimensions of their home park, the Phillies could only manage a single hit.
(That’s all we got? Just one goddamn hit? /Uecker)
Unfortunately, the hit didn’t clear the outfield wall, and the Phils lost 1-0. How did the South Philly faithful react? By littering the field with debris, of course! After an unprecedented second straight loss to start the season, a few fans felt the need to artfully construct a street installation of sorts to symbolize their protestations for Phillies management. We’re sure that will get the Teflonics’ attention, and rather than further reducing promotions aimed at college-aged fans (such as last night’s Dollar Dog Night), they’ll probably sign a previously unknown top-tier free agent third basemen and tonight’s power outage will be nothing more than a laughable memory come playoff time.
At least a Mets fan got tossed out with the trash.
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages