Apr 3, 2008, 9:54 AM EDT
After a rocky top of the first, Cole Hamels settled in and limited the Nationals to just one run over 8 innings on Wednesday night. But despite their vaunted offense and the bandbox dimensions of their home park, the Phillies could only manage a single hit.
(That’s all we got? Just one goddamn hit? /Uecker)
Unfortunately, the hit didn’t clear the outfield wall, and the Phils lost 1-0. How did the South Philly faithful react? By littering the field with debris, of course! After an unprecedented second straight loss to start the season, a few fans felt the need to artfully construct a street installation of sorts to symbolize their protestations for Phillies management. We’re sure that will get the Teflonics’ attention, and rather than further reducing promotions aimed at college-aged fans (such as last night’s Dollar Dog Night), they’ll probably sign a previously unknown top-tier free agent third basemen and tonight’s power outage will be nothing more than a laughable memory come playoff time.
At least a Mets fan got tossed out with the trash.
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return