Jul 15, 2007, 9:11 PM EST
The Phillies finally got the stupid 10,000th loss out of the way tonight on ESPN, getting shelled by the St. Louis Cardinals, 10-2. The Cards got the ball out of the park SIX times. The Phillies bats were absolutely on fire in the first two games of the series, putting up 23 runs, but failed to get anything going this evening. Perhaps the only highlight of the evening for us Philly fans was when our gem got a few moments in the national spotlight. Harry Kalas joined Joe Morgan and Jon Miller in the ESPN booth and his smooth voice gave you that feeling of, "he’s our guy and we’re lucky to have him."
I don’t like how the fans at CBP tonight were cheering when the Phillies lost. You don’t do that. I do however love the fact that Utley did all he could to prolong the Phillies from losing.
As I’ve pointed out in the past, if there is anything to "celebrate" with this milestone, we should give ourselves a little pat on the back for being a Phillies fan and maybe pour one out for those who came before us. Bill Lyons stepped back into his writer’s chair on the day the Phillies hit 10,000 to get his thoughts out on the faithful Phillies fans.
Has there ever lived a creature to rival the Phillies fan? Harder to
discourage than a sidewalk weed. Always coming back for more. Go ahead,
load up and take another shot. We endure, we persevere, we do not
The 10,000th loss was one typical of this current Phillies squad. Adam Eaton pitched the kind of performance we’ve come to almost expect out of him. His outing highlighted the ramshackle starting rotation this year’s Phillies are working with in their pursuit of a post season birth.
Can this Phillies squad get over that "5 games" hump?
Probably not. But I’ll see you at the ballpark to watch it unfold.
>>Faithful to a fault [Inquirer]
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return