Apr 28, 2005, 9:40 AM EST
Everyone has their favorites, and as stated previously, I’m a big Jimmy Rollins fan. There was a pitching duel in D.C. yesterday between Brett Myers and Esteban Loaiza which went scoreless until the 9th inning.
I sat down last night after work at about 7:00 PM, cracked open a cold one, and turned the game on to watch tonight’s match up in D.C. As soon as I turn the T.V. on I realize the Phillies are off to an early 1-0 lead, but then I see its the ninth inning??? Little did I know it was a 4:30 start. Oh well, I turned it on right after my boy Jimmy Rollins led off the 9th with a long ball to take a 1-0 lead over the Nats. I think I will call them the Nats from now on if we beat them and the Nationals if they beat us.
Jimmy Rollins ended the Phillies scoreless innings streak and set the table for Billy Wagner to do his job. Billy came through.
If you are wondering what a Phillies game at RFK is like in D.C., Tom G. of Balls, Sticks, and Stuff gives a nice little recap of the experience.
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|2sentz on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|psudrozz on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|2sentz on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages