Apr 28, 2005, 9:40 AM EDT
Everyone has their favorites, and as stated previously, I’m a big Jimmy Rollins fan. There was a pitching duel in D.C. yesterday between Brett Myers and Esteban Loaiza which went scoreless until the 9th inning.
I sat down last night after work at about 7:00 PM, cracked open a cold one, and turned the game on to watch tonight’s match up in D.C. As soon as I turn the T.V. on I realize the Phillies are off to an early 1-0 lead, but then I see its the ninth inning??? Little did I know it was a 4:30 start. Oh well, I turned it on right after my boy Jimmy Rollins led off the 9th with a long ball to take a 1-0 lead over the Nats. I think I will call them the Nats from now on if we beat them and the Nationals if they beat us.
Jimmy Rollins ended the Phillies scoreless innings streak and set the table for Billy Wagner to do his job. Billy came through.
If you are wondering what a Phillies game at RFK is like in D.C., Tom G. of Balls, Sticks, and Stuff gives a nice little recap of the experience.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money