Sep 27, 2005, 3:50 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins tied Hall of Famer Ed Delahanty for the longest hitting streak in club history. Delahanty had hit safely in 31 straight games in 1899. JRoll took the first pitch of the game yard deep to right and the fans gave him a nice ovation. Hopefully I will be there tonight to watch Jimmy gain sole possession of the record.
The Phillies seemed to be in command for most of the game and Brett Myers left the bullpen with a 5-2 lead to work with. For a good portion of the season it seemed like the Phillies bullpen was one of the biggest strengths of this team. It hasn’t seemed that way lately. Urbina came in to pitch the ninth and it was "One Icky Inning." The Mets took the lead and the Phils failed to find a way to claw back.
And so it goes for the Phils. I can’t stand the Mets and I despise Roberto Hernandez.
5 left, 1.5 back.
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages