Jun 1, 2010, 6:14 PM EST
The Phillies offensive slump has been unkind to the entire lineup, but the heart of the order has been particularly bad over this recent stretch. Jayson Werth didn't play in Monday's loss and and Charlie Manuel may have seen something in Werth's swing. "I think Werth needs a break. He needs to think about some things. We'll go to the cage and
work on his swing and stuff," Manuel said,
So today, according the Inquirer's Matt Gelb, Charlie did just that and spent some time in the cage one-on-one with Jayson Werth. Will a little cage work with Cholly help solve some of the Phils' problems at the plate? We'll get to see tonight as Werth is back in the lineup batting fifth.
If Werth puts up a doughnut or another golden sombrero tonight, I think it's time we start suggesting other activities besides cage work that the Phillies can do with Charlie to try and get out of their funk. Perhaps a little one-on-one bass fishing with Uncle Charlie or some one-on-one cooking lessons. Or maybe they can combine those two ideas, catch some bass, and then cook them up?
Or maybe they should just get Ryan Howard a whole chicken to sacrifice. Who knows at this point.
Cole Hamels (5-3, 3.82) takes on Tim Hudson (5-1, 2.24). The sure-handed left side of the infield of Wilson Valdez and Juan
Castro will bat second and seventh respectively.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 from Atlanta.
|BenE. on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|ron juke on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Matt S. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages