Feb 23, 2005, 8:59 AM EDT
David Bell reported to camp yesterday and couldn’t play. His back hurts, again. This is exactly the kind of start the Phillies didn’t need. In related news Placido Palanco says if he had it his way, he would be traded to a team that was going to use him everyday. Ed Wade says he has no plans of trading him, but would do so if he thought it helped the team improve.
ESPN’s Buster Olney does a preseason ranking of all the MLB teams and the Phils fall right in the middle of the pack at 15. That’s exactly what the Phillies are, mediocre.
Marlon Byrd is still a Phillie and is competing just to make the team this year. I hope he can turn things around, but thats about all we can do.. hope. There is a chance he could platoon in CF with Lofton if Byrd shows he can provide some sort of bat to help the Phils.
Phillies single game tickets also go onsale today, so get in on the hot games now. I’m thinking the Boston series and the Giants series.. there is a slim slim chance Bonds could break Ruth’s record here in Philly.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money