Feb 19, 2007, 6:02 AM EST
It’s still cold outside and Santa Claus has yet to squeeze his fat ass down your chimney this year but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to start thinking about opening day of baseball season. On their website today, tickets to the 2008 season opener against the Nationals as well as the coveted Red Sox series will be made available through a "ticket opportunity drawing."
"With the high demand for these games, a ticket opportunity drawing,
similar to the one we used last September for the postseason games, is
the fairest and most equitable way to make individual game tickets
available to as many fans as possible," explained John Weber, Vice
President, Sales and Ticket Operations.
You have over a month to register for the drawing so here’s my advice: no need to register yet, you’ve got plenty of time. Put off registering ’til way after Christmas and then just forget about the whole thing, leaving more tickets for me!
Continuing with the mid December baseball theme, here’s a list of the players who get an invite to spring training.
>>2008 Opening Day and Red Sox series [Phillies]
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages