Apr 6, 2005, 9:49 PM EST
THE PHILLIES ARE UNDEFEATED!
Brett Myers had a real strong outing to lead the Phillies past the Nats tonight 3-2. Myers went 6 2/3 innings and let up only 1 earned run to go along with 7 Ks. Pat Burrell continued his torrid start by hitting a 2 run go a head bomb deep to left in the 7th inning.
The Phillies bats wear silent early but picked up when they needed too. Zach Day pitched a solid outing for the Nats and seemed to have the Phil’s number until Thome and Burrell got their bats going in the 6th. I am real excited to see Burrell off to a hot start; hopefully he can keep it going.
Other notables include Chase Utley getting the start at 2B. He had an absolutely nasty play early in the game which may help him get more games over Polanco. (I took Chase in my fantasy league and was mighty pissed to see him sit on opening day.. then I sat him tonight and he does better than Ty Wiggington.. yeah yeah I went shitty at 2B)
Random aside: If you have been watching the Phillies games on CN8 you had to have seen the Phillies ad running where they say "you never know when something special is going to happen" and as they are saying it they show Thome hitting his 400th home run last year. Coincidentally.. as Thome was hitting his home run I was walking into the Ball Park and didn’t actually see it with my own eyes.. but I saw him celebrating afterwards and i heard it.. so you never know when something special is going to happen. I still tell people I "was there."
F*CK: I started writing this little post before the game ended.. The Nats just took the lead 4-3. damnit! Thats what I get for writing about a game that is still going on. EVERYTHING I TYPED BEFORE IS WRONG. I think Tim Worrell is going to be a liability this year. He just let up a HR to Jose Guillen. Oh man they just yanked Worrell and he got some loud boos.
The loudest cheers of the night were when they showed Jeromiah Trotter on the Jumbotron followed by E-A-G-L-E-S chants. You would think they could wait till May to do some Eagles cheers at the Phils games.
Abreu just bobbled a ball that could have saved a run.. Brad Wilkerson just hit for the cycle. Phillies are losing 6-3.. Rollins grounds out.. Lofton Ks.. Abreu grounds out.. 7-3 Nats.. Thome leads off the bottom 9 with a single.. Burrell grounds out.. out. out.
Phillies lose for real.
|psudrozz on You can only barely see Lincol…|
|psudrozz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Brian on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
|PhillyFan on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages