Jul 24, 2005, 7:31 PM EST
It was a very good weekend for Phillie fans as the Fightins swept the Padres at CBP. I spent Sunday at the park and it was a wonderful day for baseball. I was at the game with out of towners (Baltimore, New York, Boston) and they all loved the new ball park here in Philly.
One of the most exciting plays of the day, which also proved to be one of the most important, was after Ryan Howard doubled in Abreu and Lieberthal was intentionally walked with 2 outs to get to Myers. Myers stepped to the plate and ripped a double left which scored Howard. Instead of striking out to end the inning, Myers helped himself and also allowed Jason Micheals to come up after him to knock in two more, giving the Phillies a comfortable 4-0 lead.
Myers went six strong innings giving up only one earned run and K’ing 6. The pen came in and shut down the padres. Great job by Madson, Frenchie, and Wags.
Ryan Howard continues to make a place for himself in the hearts of Philly fans. We need a nickname for this guy. Anyone? Howard went 3-4 with a RBI and a run scored, just missing a home run as well.
With both Atlanta and Washington losing, the Phillies are now 3 games out of both the division and the wildcard. Tomorrow the Phillies open a series in Houston which should be one of the more important series of the season.
Crappy phone pic from Sunday’s game after the jump:
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages