Sep 12, 2011, 1:59 PM EST
The potential glorified pickup game that Nick wrote about a week ago appears to have turned into a reality. It will be Team Philly vs. Team Melo, according to Sixers beat writer Kate Fagan, who points out that shooting guard Lou Williams will suit up for Team Philly.
The game will take place on September 25th and tickets to get into the Palestra to watch the no-defense-allowed action will cost $30-$50. With the Carmelo Anthony squad touting such NBA players as Donte Green and Josh Selby, the Philly squad will include the Morris brothers, John Salmons, Hakim Warrick, and Wayne Ellington, among others.
These games have generated crazy buzz in DC. The fact that they’re bringing one to Philly should be awesome. The real question now becomes which crazy special guests could show up? Sheed?
>>Sweet Lou to play in game at Palestra [Inquirer]
|ThatGuy on The ‘Group of Death…|
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages