May 12, 2008, 10:23 AM EST
While Major League Baseball was using pink bats yesterday to help raise breast cancer awareness, the city of Philadelphia joined up for the same cause. I put on the brightest pink shirt I own and joined 45,000 other Philadelphians for the 18th annual Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure.
My family walked in honor of my Mom Mom who lost her battle with cancer a few years back. About 20 of us enjoyed a 5K stroll through Center City to help a good cause. If you’d like to donate to the Susan G. Komen Foundation you can do so in the name of our team here.
Fun fact: Did you know Philadelphia is partially credited for starting Mother’s Day 100 years ago? John Wanamaker put on a big bash in his Philadelphia store and the rest is all flowers and chocolates.
Good times along the Ben Franklin Parkway yesterday. We highly
recommend getting involved one of these years. Friendly tip: don’t wear
flip flops. (Idiot!)
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages