Sep 27, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Oh yeah. Could that one have gone any better?
Roy Oswalt was nasty. Chase Utley homered. J-Roll homered and finished the night with 3 hits. Hunter Pence homered. Antonio Bastardo pitched a clean 1-2-3 eighth inning and was locating his pitches as well as he has in weeks. Heck, even Joe Savery threw a perfect inning making a little case to see some postseason action as a situational guy.
With the 7-1 victory the Phillies tied the franchise record of 101 wins on the season. The Phils get one chance to set a new record tomorrow in Atlanta. Set new records, damn it.
And the cherry on top tonight was Charlie Manuel tying Gene Mauch for the most wins in franchise history at 645. Charlie did it in 200+ fewer games.
Oh, and just in case you needed a reminder, the four aces were absolutely on point in their tune up games heading into the postseason. Look at these numbers:
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money