Jul 1, 2008, 6:40 PM EST
The Phils roll into Atlanta this evening a few pounds lighter without Brett Myers. The fairly reliable Kyle Kendrick takes the mound for the Phils who will face another pitcher they’ve never seen. Charlie Morton will make the fourth start of his career and comes in with a 1-1 record and a 4.24 ERA.
Remarkably, the Phils still find themselves atop the NL East despite playing uninspired ball over the last month. After originally thinking that the Braves would be without Chipper Jones, the Phils may now have to face him in the lineup tonight.
As Charlie would say, this is no time to feel sorry for themselves. It’s about time they kick themselves in the behinds.
Alternative suggested material for this post:
Title: Please God, don’t let them drop their 7th straight series
Body: Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|biggirlcookiemonster on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|red2gold on Even your phone thinks Nick Fo…|
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages