Sep 1, 2005, 4:00 PM EST
David Bell came to bat in the first inning with bases loaded and two outs. I joked that I’d bet 10 bucks he doesn’t knock in a run. He stepped up to the plate and knocked in 2 big runs which proved to be enough for Jon Lieber. Lieber hasn’t gotten a lot of support from the Phils bats this year. This was another intense game against our division rival and wild card contending Mets.
Urbina bounced back from a tough outing and pitched a scoreless 8th. Billy Wagner came in to shut this one down after giving off a lead off walk to Kaz Matsui. Mets fans have to be rather disappointed with the performance of their 117 million dollar man, Carlos. Big Series win for the Fightins!
The Phils head down the North East corridor to face the Nationals for another big series. After 3 in D.C. the Phils return home for what is likely to be the biggest series of the season against the Houston Astros. I’ll be getting my Bobby A figurine.
|BenE. on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|ron juke on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Matt S. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages