Feb 17, 2005, 3:07 PM EST
Today was the day pitchers and catchers were to report to Clearwater, Florida. Not much news yet. But Peter Gammons talks about some Phillies in his pre-season update in the post-steroids era.
Players who have to have big seasons: 6. Brett Myers. When they pursued Coco Crisp from the Indians, the Phillies would have traded Vicente Padilla, but not Myers when the Indians asked for him. With 75 starts and a 4.84 ERA, it’s time.
Players who could have break out season: 3. Chase Utley. Just leave him alone and let him hit 25 homers.
|33 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Schmidsy on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages