Feb 17, 2005, 3:07 PM EDT
Today was the day pitchers and catchers were to report to Clearwater, Florida. Not much news yet. But Peter Gammons talks about some Phillies in his pre-season update in the post-steroids era.
Players who have to have big seasons: 6. Brett Myers. When they pursued Coco Crisp from the Indians, the Phillies would have traded Vicente Padilla, but not Myers when the Indians asked for him. With 75 starts and a 4.84 ERA, it’s time.
Players who could have break out season: 3. Chase Utley. Just leave him alone and let him hit 25 homers.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return